Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The school bus driver shall be in full charge of the school bus at all times and shall be responsible for maintaining order. The school bus driver will never exclude a student from the school bus, but if unable to manage a student, the school bus driver will report the unmanageable student to the Director of Student Services.
- Students must be at their bus stop on time. Students who miss the bus are required to find other means of transportation to school.
- Students are required to ride on the bus to which they are assigned and to sit in their assigned seat.
- A written note from the student's parent/guardian is required before permission can be given to ride another bus. Students should bring the note to the Main Office Secretary for a bus pass.
- No eating, drinking, gum chewing, use of tobacco, tobacco products, or vape products are permitted on the bus.
- Disrespect to drivers, defacing of the bus, smoking, or the use of profanity on the bus shall warrant disciplinary action. Bus drivers will report infractions directly to the Director of Student Services.
- A.M. - Students will report to their assigned area directly upon exiting the bus. Loitering outside the school is not permitted. Students may be assigned to report to the cafeteria, multipurpose room, or the auditorium.
- P.M. - Students will report outside directly after school is dismissed. No students are to be in the hallways. Students not riding home on the bus may remain in the front lobby with Security during the winter season or inclement weather.
- Students may not sit on cars or curbs while waiting for the bus.
- Students are not to step off the curb until the bus is stopped and the door is opened.
- Continuous violation of bus policies may lead to the suspension of bus privileges and/or implementation of the Student Code of Conduct procedures. The student's parent/guardian shall provide for the student's transportation to and from school during the time of exclusion.